Advanced Estill Level 2 Retreat @ Burkestone Estate
With Tom Burke
Welcome to Burkestone Estate!
Your adventure begins in the Hudson River Valley on this 6 acre estate set amidst the orchards of Columbia County, NY just outside the hip and historic town of Hudson. During this 3-day vocal immersion retreat, you will take your Estill figures and qualities to a whole new level of skill. Your weekend includes a combination of individual coaching and group activities; gorgeous landscapes; off-site field trips; and premium farm-to-table meals made by our private chef. The Estate is located 2 hours away from NYC by car or train. Transportation will be provided to and from the Amtrak train station and for trips into town for dinners and outings.
In this Advanced Level Two workshop, we will focus on:
- New Tricks to Find and Maintain Each Quality: Novel physical, phonemic and imagistic prompts to elicit each of the 6 Basic Estill Qualities: Speech, Sob, Falsetto, Twang, Opera, and Belt.
- Deeper Understanding of How to Use Voiceprint: Spectrographic interpretations of each quality to improve your biofeedback based practice with Voiceprint.
- How Bodywork Traditions Dovetail with EVT: Advanced sensory exercises to facilitate Head, Neck and Torso anchoring.
- Increasing Vocal Versatility: Permutations of the Six Basic Voice Qualities: Speech, Falsetto, Sob, Twang, Opera, and Belting
- Taking EVT to the Stage: Application to a variety of spoken and sung genres.
…and more.This course is perfect for speech-pathologists, Estill certification candidates, voice teachers, singers and serious voice geeks with prior Estill knowledge.Course Pre-Requisites: Level One and/or Level Two courses or equivalent work with a private instructor.
About the Teacher
As speech-pathologist, voice teacher and strategic storytelling consultant, Tom has worked Broadway singers, Hollywood Actors, TED, Google, the Tony Award-winning Signature Theater are more helping them uplevel the speech, voice and storytelling skills. His training includes voice and bodywork traditions including Yoga, functional movement, Alexander technique, Fitzmaurice Voicework, Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy and more. He is also a […]Learn more about Tom Burke